lundi 1 septembre 2014

Troubleshooting ubuntu server network interface

So I've installed Ubuntu server on VirtualBox and when I activated a second network adapter with a bridged mode, the later was not automatically configured on Ubuntu.
In fact, the interace cannot be seen with ifconfig and ifconfig -a showed it as disabled.
I tried to bring it up and restart networking service:
$ifconfig eth1 up
$/etc/init.d/networking restart
Now the interface is active but it has only an IPv6 address and when I restart the virtual machine, the interface goes disabled again.
When checking the /etc/network/interfaces there was no eth1!!, so I added it in order to be configured automatically:
$vi /etc/network/interfaces

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

that's it now the interface works fine.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire