Build systemsBuck by facebook: a build system for Android that encourages the creation of small, reusable modules consisting of code and resources. Not yet supported on windows !
It was presented by Simon Stewart at GTAC 2013 (Google Test Automation Conference) How Facebook Tests Facebook on Android.
Gradle Android build, a presentation will be held on Google IO.
Open source libraries
- For lazy data uploading Asynchronous Http Client
- For lazy downloading here is a sample project by Codehenge.
- JSON Stream Parsing with Jackson link.
- Make HTTP request easily with http-request, okhttp and Retrofit by Square, Volley by Google.
- Floating Image a sample projet for streaming images.
- Persistence libraries OrmLite, Cupboard, GreenDAO by GreenRobot.
- Google-GSON to convert JSON to Java objects and vice-versa.
- Event bus libraries for android Otto by Square, EventBus by GreenRobot, SimpleEventBus.
- Libraries for Crash reporting and logs aggregation.
- Clutch.io An open source library A/B testing.
- ListView adapters made easy by FunDapter.
- Singly allows to add social login, sharing and friend finding into your mobile and web applications, their SDK can be found on github.
- ActionBar-PullToRefresh provides an easy way to add the pull-to-refresh interaction to your application.
- Dependency Injection: Butter Knife for view injections.
- Input validation: android-validation-komensky.
Testing rocks debuging sucksAndroidMock a framework by Google for mocking Android interfaces/classes based on EasyMock syntax.
BoundBox provides access to all fields, constructor and methods (public or not) of a Class for Unit-testing without having to modify the latter.
Design patternsLibraries for the Action bar UI design patter:
- SlidingMenu based on the ActionBarSherlock library,
- another demo project.
- and more at stackoverflow.
- Subtile ActionBar effect
- Masonry layout (or Pinterest like grid): StaggeredGridView, AntipodalWall.
- RESTful Android as described by Virgil Dobjanschi's presentation Android REST client applications at Google I/O 2010. Another implementation can be found here.
User Interface Design
- Blur effect for Android design (just like in the Path app).
- How to make the ChatHead feautre as available on the Facebook Messenger.
- A blog post describing how to make counters on the navigation drawer.
Random stuffSample downloader by commonsguy showing the using of handlers/messanger to communicate between Service and the main thread.
Which IDE: eclipse vs InteliJ.
The dumpsys commands with Android adb